Silly Point

If you came here in search of "Lazy Workday", the SNL/Narnia parody, click here

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Return of the Blog!

And so the blog returns ...

Just 7 days short of 2 years since I wrote something on my blog, I felt the need to resume writing again. so much has happened in the last 2 years but I had been too busy to go online and publish a post. Now however, I have fallen victim to the plunging economy and an unemployed person seems to find too much time than he has use for. So here I am, writing this post out of shear boredom.

There were so many interesting things that happened in the last two years that I should have blogged about. Here are the top 10 potential topics I could have written about but now it seems a little too late.
  1. Switching jobs (September 2007)
  2. Black Friday 2007: I was the first person in line outside of a Circuity City where I stood from 6:30 PM on thanksgiving day till 5:00 AM the next morning. It was a freezing cold night and I don't plan on repeating it again in the future. I did get a sweet deal on this TV for just $1,299!
  3. Getting a pal for Katie to hang out with. She is much older but loves the cold weather where as Katie can't go two feet when it is snowing. I call her Vicki though she is more elegant and prefers her full name of Victoria.
  4. Building a new computer. I was going to make this a step by step guide on how to assemble a machine and write a guide of which parts to procure. I even took pictures for this but never got the time to write a blog entry.
  5. Going Whitewater Rafting.
  6. The Election
  7. Katie getting disfigured by a punk kid and looking like this right in front of the house. Fortunately she is all fixed and pretty now and I can sleep at nights again.
  8. Trip to Abu Dhabi and Pakistan.
  9. Getting laid off.
  10. Getting the T-Mobile G1 (Google's Android) Phone.
Now when I look back at this list, it portrays me as a little too materialistic only mentioning new possessions and other "shiny" stuff. To be frank, anything else would not really be worth writing about as nothing much happens in my life. As it is, not many people read my blog, I wouldn't want to bore people with my philosophies of life. Hopefully this time around my posts will be a little more interesting.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Good post! I'd like to hear a little more about each of these things. And just b/c you are writing about "shiny" things doesn't mean you are materialistic - it's how you react to the things that happen to you.

    By Blogger Aisha, at 2/11/2009 7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home