Silly Point

If you came here in search of "Lazy Workday", the SNL/Narnia parody, click here

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Lazy Workday

If you have never seen "Lazy Sunday" (SNL Narnia Rap) It would be advisable to see that first. Click here for the original.


Lazy workday,
Leave work in the late afternoon
Call Max just to see how he's doin'
Hello?
What up, Max!
Yo Monis, what's crackin'?
You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
Platters!
Man it's happ'nin'!

First, call up Lu. But he wont pick up his phone.
Forget about him, when its platters, every mans his own.
Hurry, speed down Route 80 and leave county Morris.
Let's pick up Nenad else he'll roundhouse like Chuck Norris.

Route 80, 17; 3! Lincoln Tunnel!
On life-support, I'll eat platters through a funnel!

Yo, the place wont be open
Till an hour or two!
Let's hit up a pool place and shoot some cues.
I prefer Comet Billirads.
That's a good one too.
Clifton Billiards is the best!
True that! Double true!

53rd and 6th.
Take the West Side Hwy.
Turn right at the Hustler club.
Platter! I want it MY WAY!

Hit the Platters, what? Of 53rd and 6th!
Yes, the Platters, what? Of 53rd and 6th!
We love those Platters, what? Of 53rd and 6th!
Pass those Platters, what? Of 53rd and 6th!

Yo, wat ya gonna have?
I like the combo with rice.
Gyro and Chicken mixed,
The special sauces make it nice.
With platters the occasion don't need be auspicious!
Platter and Extra White Sauce equals crazy delicious.
Yo, pull up to the ATM, lemme take out some dough.
You didn't bring any cash? Hey, I didn't know!
Don't take out much; a Lincoln's all you need
5 bucks for a platter, more than enough for you to feed.

Rolled up 'round the corner, the line was really long
Haven't seen such a crowd since I went to see Kong!
We got to the end of the line and time went in a freeze.
While placing our orders we asked for "Extra White Sauce please!"
We got our platters so fast, it was fantastic:
Everyone stared in awe when we screamed "Yes we have it!"
Eat it while it's hot or it's gonna get tragic!
The special white sauce will take you to a dream world of magic!

Hit the Platters, what? Of 53rd and 6th!
Yes, the Platters, what? Of 53rd and 6th!
We love those Platters, what? Of 53rd and 6th!
Pass those Platters, what? Of 53rd and 6th!

By MCMLXXXII with special thanks to M

5 Comments:

  • Hahaha...I'm getting one delivered to me right now....may I suggest posting this on the 53rd and 6th web forum?? Its been lacking some real creative content like this for some time now...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/07/2006 11:20 PM  

  • Couldn't get into 53rdand6th.com

    If you do then please post a link to this page. http://mcmlxxxii.blogspot.com/2006/06/lazy-workday.html Don't steal it, else I know where you live. I have those magazines waiting :)

    By Blogger MCMLXXXII, at 6/07/2006 11:34 PM  

  • Nice rhyme MC Monis.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/08/2006 4:02 PM  

  • So Monis... are you getting thugged out now? This post is a big shift from your sappy poetry. lol alright alright, I'll be nice. On a positive note, your post did make me crave platters. =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/08/2006 10:37 PM  

  • I had seen the original SNL skit before and thought it was very good, but I like your take on it better! A link to your poem was recently posted on StreetGrub.com; I want to let you know of a poetry blog I run called The Magical Blog. You can join and post for free.

    Have fun.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/14/2006 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home