Silly Point

If you came here in search of "Lazy Workday", the SNL/Narnia parody, click here

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Commencement

So here I am writing this while sitting at my sister's graduation commencement ceremony. I feel so powerful, knowing that I can write blogs from my phone. I feel kind of like a foreign news correspondent who can send news while on the go. You have to marvel at modern technology you can do almost anything right from the palm of your hand. One more reason why I value them more than other objects such as precious stones. I did read that wikipedia article, kal, about the Diamond-water paradox but I would say that utility matters too. But diamonds should be expensive just for the fact that they are the hardest thing on earth.

Commencement, as to quote spiderman, is the end of one thing and the beginning of another. Sitting here at the commencement ceremony made me remember my commencement ceremony. And along with that, it made me think about school and how much a memorable time of life it was to me. I would love to be a scholar all my life, sometimes I wish I lived in greek times and could spend all my life sitting at the academy and talking to all other philosophers all the time. That type of knowledge contains so much exoticness with it. It also enlightens your thinking, making u think outside the box, think about theoretical concepts that couldn't be pictured before. This proves very useful in the discipline of relativistic physics where you have to conceive thought experiments.

Well my sister's commencement is almost over now and its time for some family celebrations. Please keep your comments coming.


Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

1 Comments:

  • First, I’d like to congratulate your sister on her graduation and wish her the best of luck in her future endeavors.

    Gosh, you already have twice as many posts as me. Busy little bee. Currently I am just studying for economics exams. I'm supposed to go to a political event tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to it.

    So about diamonds... you said that utility should also matter and they ought to be expensive for being the hardest element. This is true, but they are almost never used for industrial purposes and are almost always used in jewelry. And they are also a luxury good. The theory of marginal utility was the earliest attempt to explain it. But I think the simplest way is supply and demand: diamonds are scarce, so the price is high.

    P.S. Economics is great.

    By Blogger Karolina, at 5/06/2006 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home