Silly Point

If you came here in search of "Lazy Workday", the SNL/Narnia parody, click here

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Shattered Heart

This is the most painful post I have ever written. The pain is indescribable. It feels like a part of me has been torn away. I never knew that it could hurt me so much. I had never expected this. Especially after just 31 days of falling in love with her. But my beloved Katie has suffered a blow and it has left more than a mark.

I was driving along peacefully on route 80, around 9:30 pm tonight. The traffic was light. There was a Chevy truck in front of me, but I was well behind the car. Suddenly out of nowhere, I hear a very loud clunk. I knew that it could only have been one thing. A rogue rock. Probably even a mere pebble. But traveling at such great speed, and hitting my car at 65 mph, its size didn't matter. I looked around, panicking, trying to see where the damage had been done. Then I saw my worst fear confirmed. There was a mark on the upper right corner of the windshield. It felt like the rock had hit my heart, instead of the glass. I was praying that it was just a big bug which had splattered against the windshield, but I knew the noise it made was much more louder. But there was no way of knowing for sure until I got home and looked at the car under proper lighting.

Katie's windshield is shattered. And so is my heart! Today, it became a full month since I got her. The crack is circular, about the size of a dime, it can surely be fixed, or even the windshield can be replaced. I don't care about the cost, its just that, she was so new! When I first got her, I had promised to my self, that I would take care of her. But there was no way I could have known, let alone avoided what happened. I was helpless. And now I am heartbroken.

3 Comments:

  • Katie will be fine about it. It wasn't her that was broken - just her eyeglasses. (Okay monicle if you must)

    She's been wanting a new spiffy kind of pair. One that blocks the ultraviolet rays a bit better with the cool tint that varients down.

    Cool post. Just Blogspotting this evening and saying hello.

    By Blogger Margaret, at 8/19/2006 10:54 PM  

  • Such a crybaby. I'm glad I have an old car. The relationship between my car and I... his name is Ford... is that of an old marriage. No matter how many birds mark their territory, no matter what mud I drive into, no matter what pebble hits on him.... I know he will always be there for me.

    By Blogger Karolina, at 8/20/2006 1:05 AM  

  • In an attempt to cure my current state of insomnia, I decided to read your blog. lol I'm just kidding but maybe if you added a Jane Austen blogring I'd visit more lol. This post is too predictable.
    On a different note, I saw pulp fiction today(see not a chick flick).I found it interesting all the clocks were stuck on 4:20.
    ZZZZ. Reading this post will probably just end up putting you to sleep.
    Perhaps in order to be fair to your audience you should put up the original version of 'shattered heart'. You'll obtain much more sympathy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/27/2006 4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home